P. Kurt Peterson
Kurt Peterson specializes in litigation and trials involving real estate and business disputes, regularly representing the firm’s clients in lawsuits involving business and real property holdings, transactions, and investments. He has a distinguished record, having successfully tried numerous cases to verdict and judgment in California state and U.S. federal courts.
Mr. Peterson enjoys a leading reputation for professionalism and has consistently achieved winning results for his clients. He also has served as an advocate in real estate and business disputes within a variety of Alternative Dispute Resolution forums, including International Chamber of Commerce arbitration.
Mr. Peterson is a former faculty member of the National Institute of Trial Advocacy and a past Chairperson of the Real Estate Section of the Bar Association of San Francisco. He regularly appears as a lecturer and speaker in real estate industry forums and programs throughout California, and is the author of articles on a variety of litigation topics.
Mr. Peterson is an active member of the California State Bar, the American Bar Association, the Bar Association of San Francisco, the Association of Business Trial Lawyers, and the California Association of Realtors Strategic Defense Panel.
Mr. Peterson is a graduate of the University of California, Berkeley, and received his Juris Doctor degree from the King Hall School of Law, University of California, Davis.
- Represented limited partner in multi-million dollar claims against general partners and former lawyers
- Defended grocery store chain in breach of contract suit brought by food supplier
- Defended developers and general contractors in construction defect cases
- Defended commercial tenant of San Francisco Port property in suits brought by City and County of San Francisco
- Defended real estate brokers and agents in professional liability claims
- Defended west coast consulting firm against municipality’s claims for breach of contract
- Obtained seven figure settlement for food retailer against supplier
- Represented commercial landlord of biotech facility in suit against biotech company for damage to property
- Obtained recovery for developer against subcontractor for nonconforming work that caused delay in approval by municipality
- Represented San Francisco restaurateur in dispute with lessor of retail space
- Represented builders and owners in Right to Repair Act (Civ. Code §895 et seq.) claims
- Represented talent agency and recording artist in defending claims brought by documentary film maker
- Obtained substantial distribution for client in partnership dissolution matter
- Obtained seven-figure settlement for client homeowner in dispute with mortgage company
- Represented real estate agents and brokers in proceedings before the California Bureau of Real Estate
- Obtained jury verdict in favor of developer against prospective purchaser claiming personal injury sustained in model unit